Endless greenery and untapped nature as far as the eye can see. Wayanad city of Kerala state is full of dense flora and fauna. This biodiversity hotspot is a great retreat for people of all ages. If you want to return and stay at a resort, or try some adventures like Ziplining in WayanadYou will find everything you need here.
The state has always been extremely progressive and forward looking in terms of its tourism. The facilities are top notch and conservation of nature is taken very seriously by the government and people of the state. Apart from finding ways to adventure, you can also visit national parks and explore offbeat places and waterfalls. Edakkal Caves is considered to be one of the most mesmerizing places to visit in Wayanad.
About Ziplining in Wayanad
The zip line we are talking about is the longest zip line in Kerala and the second longest zip line in South India. This beautifully maintained zipline is managed by highly trained adventure groups and is one of the Best places for ziplining in Wayanad, The line is approximately three hundred meters long and extends through some of the densest forests of Wayanad. Located in Poztana, Wayanad, Zipline is a must-do for every traveler in Wayanad.
Once your safety equipment is in place, the Swift Zipline will fly you over lush green plantations and tall trees. The company that manages it deals with customers in a very professional manner and promises utmost security. People of all ages can join in and give a chance to ziplining in Wayanad.
Must read: 5 Beautiful Waterfalls Near Wayanad That Will Make You Fall In Love With This City!
Pricing and Timing
This wonderful experience is available at a very affordable price of only Rs.250/- per person. It is pocket friendly Ziplining price in Wayanad This will encourage you to try it more than once during your visit. The zipline is open from 9 am to 6 pm. The ideal time for ziplining is later in the evening so the sun is shining brightly. This will also make for a great photo opportunity. The location can be easily found on the online map, you will see it from a distance before you reach there. For obvious reasons, ziplines are not recommended at night. Weather can also be a big factor. best time to go Ziplining in Wayanad It is during summer.
Read suggestions: 7 Places to Visit in Wayanad in May to Enjoy Paradise in Kerala!
Highlights of Ziplining in Wayanad
- The speed of the zipline will be faster than you expect, so be sure to enjoy the ride instead of worrying about photos or selfies.
- This place is four kilometers away from the main city Wayanad.
- If this is your first time ziplining, keep in mind that you are not expected to maintain the zipline the entire time. The harness will be attached to a comfortable saddle that you will sit on and it is advisable to hold the rope to avoid tipping over or swinging.
- Try to avoid ziplining during high wind or rainy weather as these are not safe conditions for the activity.
- Safety equipment will include a sturdy helmet to keep your head safe from any impacts, a pair of gloves to keep your hands from getting scratched, and a safety harness.
Read suggestions: 5 Best Resorts Near Wayanad That Offer The Best Views And Services!
Tips for Ziplining in Wayanad
Here are some useful tips for ziplining in Wayanad:
- Check weather conditions and Ziplining in Wayanad Reviews Before you drive to the destination.
- Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and well-fitting clothes. Do not wear sandals/slippers that may slip off your feet while ziplining.
- Ask as many questions as you want to the person in charge and get all your doubts cleared before you get on the zip. If it helps, meet a few people ahead of you to get an idea of what to expect.
- Keep all your valuables in your bag or car when ziplining. If something falls from your hand while ziplining, it cannot be traced.
- Children under 5 years of age are not allowed on the zipline.
- If you want to record your ziplining experience, it’s best to use a GoPro camera on an extended stick. These are light and can be easily attached to your wrist.
- If you have a fear of heights or any other medical condition, check with an instructor before climbing and prepare yourself.
read ahead: 30 Best Things to Do in Wayanad for an Enjoyable Stay
Although there are many adventure trails in Kerala, ziplining in Wayanad is one thing that will give you a complete experience. Since this is the second longest zip line in South India, it will definitely keep your excitement levels high. So what are you waiting for? Book your trip to Wayanad and experience what zip lining feels like in the most enchanting landscapes of Kerala.
Please click here for our editorial code of conduct and copyright disclaimer.
FAQs About Ziplining in Wayanad
What is the best time to visit Wayanad?
The best season to visit Wayanad is from October to May. As the weather changes, the landscape also changes. Monsoon season is still a good time to visit but heavy rains may hamper your outdoor plans.
Is Wayanad safe now?
After the floods of 2019, the city has completely recovered and it is now very safe to travel to Wayanad. Roads have become accessible again and all hotels are operational.
Where to go for ziplining in Wayanad?
When you think of ziplining in Wayanad, one of the best places for ziplining is Muddy Boots located in the town of Postana, which is at a distance of four kilometers from Vythiri, Wayanad.
How long is the zipline in Wayanad?
The zipline here is one of the longest ziplines in the south of India and extends for approximately 300 meters.
What is the maximum weight that can be on a zipline?
Generally, anyone weighing 120 kg or more is now allowed to go on the zipline. This number can vary from base to base depending on the elasticity of the rope and the capacity of the harness. If your weight is more than 120 kg, be sure to call the agency and cross-check.
people also read