Marked around the world on 15 June 2022, World Wind Day is celebrated annually to acknowledge the prospects of wind power. It is a day marked for discovering wind energy, its strength, and the possibilities it carries to reshape our energy systems and the world.
Also known as Global Wind Day, World Wind Day is commemorated every year on 15 June. World Wind Day 2022: The day’s objective is to raise public awareness about wind energy and its benefits.
Wind Power is the fuel acquired from the wind. It is one of the most geriatric energy sources used by us and now in this modern age, it is the most efficient and established renewable power source. The literary term for wind power is eolic energy; derived from the name of the Greek mythical figure, Aeolus, the keeper of the winds.
Here are the benefits of wind energy:
- It is one of the most environmentally friendly and efficient energy sources.
- Wind energy is a pure energy source since it is not dependent on fossil fuels like coal.
- It is a renewable fuel source that will never run out.
History of World Wind Day 2022
- The first Wind Day was organised in 2007 by the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA).
- However, in 2009 the EWEA teamed up with the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) and made it a global event.
- In 2012, the clubs sponsored a photo competition with the themes being “The Wind in Mind” and “Future Wind.” Encouraging people across the world to capture the best pictures possible.
World Wind Day 2022: Theme
World Wind Day 2022 theme is to celebrate and appreciate the benefits of wind energy and to raise awareness among people about the power and prospect of wind energy to change the energy systems we use. On World Wind Day corporations and communities all around the world hold a variety of events. From wind turbine demonstrations to Educational seminars and trips to wind farms, parades are among the draws.
World Wind Day 2022: Significance
With the threat of global warming soon looming, it’s more important than ever to make optimal use of energy sources like wind. Wind energy is now the most used energy source, according to globalwindday.org. In the previous year, the wind industry established more than the gas and coal sectors incorporated in the EU.