Every place has a season, which is very favorable for tourists, for Russia it is the hot season. So traveling to Russia in summer can be a really good option. In this article, we are going to discuss the beauty of the season that you can witness at this place.
Summer in Russia: Best Time to Visit
According to the calendar, summer in Russia officially runs from June 1 to August 31. However, naturally the season arrives a little earlier and departures begin from mid-August.
It’s like the holiday season for Russians, as they wait for this time all year long. They welcome the sun’s rays so that they can touch them and go to rural areas to have a wide space that they can use for sunbathing. Some people use local parks or even rooftops for the same purpose.
Must read: 21 cool and unusual things to do in Russia that you’ve never heard of before!
Summer in Russia: reasons for your visit
There are many reasons why tourists in Russia prefer summer over any other season. In the months of July and August, Russian cities are packed with travelers from different parts of the world. It is also very prosperous economically as hotels and resorts get most of the business during this period.
- During the season, at the extreme northern point of Russia, something amazing happened that will be remembered for a lifetime.
- The sun never sets completely in Russia during this period. So it would be wonderful to see the sunlight at midnight. That is why the daylight hours are much longer and travelers get more time to explore the beautiful country in daylight.
- You can experience the amazing St. Petersburg White Nights celebration during this time.
If you get time to visit Moscow, you will experience the amazing Reindeer Festival.
- Apart from these the Orthodox Easter and Moscow Golden Mask festivals are there to give you the proper festive mood.
Read suggestions: 9 Magnificent Beaches in Russia That Let You Taste the Good Life!
Summer in Russia: things to remember
Every country has to face some kind of difficulties during each season. So when it is summer in Russia the weather becomes cool and warm for a few months.
- In Russia, the average temperature of the entire country during the summer season is 30° Celsius. Such a rise in temperature may not be favorable for many tourists, so they avoid this time for their holidays. So if you have chosen this time for your holidays in this country then you can go for air conditioned hotels otherwise be prepared for the heat.
- You will not find in Russia such perfect remedies for the heat as you will find to fight the cold in winter. This is why many people like to visit this country during winter.
- During this time not only does this place become the destination for your holidays but many people choose summer camps in Russia as their adventure trip. So you will have to face crowd everywhere.
- For this reason, all the hotels, resorts and even lodges are completely filled with tourists. To get more profit from their business, hotel executives increase their rates by 10% in summer which becomes difficult for many people to afford. Due to crowd, reservation is also not possible easily.
- One of Russia’s most pressing and life-threatening problems during summer is mosquitoes. However, if you are going to rural areas you will encounter it more often, and you should always carry mosquito repellent with you to be safe.
- If you have planned your trip in August and included the famous Mariinsky Theater (St. Petersburg) and the Bolshoi Theater (Moscow) on your list, you will be disappointed to learn that they will be closed during this time.
Packing Tips for Your Trip to Russia During Summer
As has been discussed earlier, summers in Russia can be quite hot so it would be wise if you pack your summer clothes for your trip. It is also advisable that you carry some warm clothes for early morning and late evening as you will see sudden fluctuations in temperature which may affect your health.
For women, it would be best to pack some nice summer dresses. Before entering any Orthodox church it is advisable to carry a scarf or something else that you can use to cover your head.
What could be more comfortable than shorts and t-shirt for men? However, you can carry some long pants as some churches do not allow men and if they are wearing shorts.
In addition to clothing, you should also carry a few umbrellas with you for most rainy days during summer in Russia.
Read suggestions: 10 Places to Visit in Russia to See the Beauty of This Incredible Nation
places to visit in russia
Visiting Russia is definitely an experience you don’t want to miss. So, why not visit the best places in the country too? Read on to know what awaits you in this fascinating land.
- Taganrog is a place where you can experience what it would be like to swim in the shallowest sea.
- One of the most attractive benefits of traveling to Russia in summer is that you can enjoy a nice road trip in Altai. The mesmerizing view of the surrounding valleys will leave you in awe.
- Have you heard about the deepest lake in Russia called Baisal? This is an ideal place where you can rent a boat and go fishing, and if you are lucky enough to catch one you can even cook it for yourself.
- Would it be a serious mistake if you missed Kamchatka? Who would want to miss the opportunity to go fishing while whales swim in the same waterboarding and you will also get to see the spectacular view of the volcanic mountain.
read ahead: 8 cities with the best Russian nightlife; Say it out loud, “Lights, Vodka, and Russians!”
Russia is a place full of wonders and its weather cycles keep changing. After reading a lot about the weather, you can definitely consider traveling to Russia in summer with proper measures. With carnivals and festivals, beautiful road trips and boat rides you definitely won’t regret your decision. So book your trip to Russia with TourTravelHotels and enjoy the spectacular scenery for a memorable holiday!
Disclaimer: TourTravelHotels claims no credit for images displayed on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to its respected owners. We try to link to the original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TourTravelHotels, please Contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in giving due credit to the original author, artist or photographer.
please pay attention: Any information published by TourTravelHotels in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice of any kind, and one should not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of one’s choice.
FAQs about summer in Russia
What are the summer months in Russia?
If you are planning to visit Russia, you must go in summer and it officially starts from June 1 and runs till the end of August.
What is summer like in Russia?
Seasonal change is dramatic and in Vladivostok (far-eastern Russia), the record low temperature in January was −31.4 C (−24.5 F) and the record high temperature in July was 33.6 C (92.5 F). The high humidity makes summer feel even hotter.
Which is the best month to visit Russia?
If you want to visit St. Petersburg weather-wise, the best time is June. This is the season when the weather is most convenient for long walks.
How hot does it get in Russia?
The average winter temperature is around -10 degrees. Cold winds are not as common, but the cold of winter is compensated by excellent summers. The temperature in St. Petersburg is usually 20-25 degrees and in Moscow it can be up to 37 degrees.
What should I wear in Russia?
If you are female you must wear a scarf to cover yourself and men are not allowed to enter in shorts. Wear a protective skirt-suit with appropriate tights or stockings and smart shoes.
Do you want to book a holiday package?
Book memorable holidays on TourTravelHotels with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.