The sky is blue, the sun is out and the waves are coming in Naples in April! The month of April marks the arrival of spring in Naples, when temperatures begin to rise after a major winter low and the days begin to grow longer. This is the perfect time to take advantage of the low crowds and have all the attractions and beaches to yourself! Naples and its UNESCO Heritage Center is a good place to start a sightseeing tour, while its surrounding islands like Capri and Ischia are ideal for renting villas and setting relaxation mode! Learn more about what to do in Naples in April and how to prepare, with this brief guide that will not only inspire you to visit Naples in the month of April but also tell you how you should do it.
Why visit Naples in April?
- fine weather – Naples weather in April This is the main reason to visit Naples during this month. After the winter months the sun begins to shine more and spring is in the air. With the celebration of Easter in April, the locals also welcome spring and you will also see fresh vegetables and fruits arriving in the markets, making them lively. This is also a good time to participate in outdoor activities like hiking, cycling, etc.
- shoulder season – Naples in April means less crowds. Most schools around the world are still functioning and you will find that many families do not come to school during this time. However, due to good weather, a large number of elderly tourists start coming here. That’s why it’s the shoulder tourist season and you’ll see less crowds at Naples’ attractions.
- Affordable Rates – Less crowd means less demand for hotels and flight rates, you can manage to get good deals everywhere. This way you can find your hotel or villa alternative in Naples and enjoy a long stay on the same budget!
Must read: 15 Things to Do in Naples – An Italian City That Lives the Arts
Weather in Naples in April in 2023
The weather in Naples Italy in April is sunny with some rain and thunderstorms. The average temperature is around 20° while the highest temperature can go up to 29° during the day. During the evening and night, the temperature drops and goes down to around 10°. From the beginning of April to the end of April the temperature rises by at least 5°.
Daylight is also longer in April, with about twelve hours of daylight. The sunset in Naples in April is around 7:30 pm while the sun rises at 6:30 am. This means you have a longer period of time during the day to go sightseeing and participate in outdoor activities.
Precipitation is around 100 mm and you can expect rainfall for around 13 days. At the same time, the sea temperature is around 16° which makes swimming in the sea a bit challenging but not impossible!
Read suggestions: 10 amazing places to make the most of Naples nightlife
Top Things to Do in Naples in April
Here is a list of things you can do when planning to visit Naples in April. Keep scrolling below to learn more!
1. Naples ComiCon: Dress Up!
Naples Comicon is one of the largest comic cons in Europe. It will be held at the Mostra d’Altremare from 25 to 28 April 2019. Comicon was first started in 1998 and 2019 will be its twenty-first edition with the theme ‘A New Beginning’. Artists, comic fans, game developers, celebrities, and many more people who love to dress up as comic stars come to Comicon.
Read suggestions: New Year in Italy: A fresh start to the most happening event in this beautiful land!
2. Bay of Naples: Go Island Hopping
The pleasant weather of April is the best time to indulge in outdoor activities. The sun is out and it’s the perfect time to take a boat ride to all the islands near Naples. The most popular islands are Capri, Ischia, Procida, Ventotene and Palmarola. You can cover at least two-three of them in a day trip or you can stop at the islands of Capri and Ischia for overnight trips to enjoy the views of the islands.
Read suggestions: Shopping in Italy: 6 best places for extraordinary fun for shopaholics
3. Outdoor activities around Naples
The weather in Naples Italy in April is bright and sunny, making it the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the nature of the area. Spring also means the arrival of fresh produce to the markets and Naples has a strong culinary tradition with restaurants offering wonderful seasonal foods. You can go for snorkeling as the water is clear and there is no hindrance from rain, fishing is also very good in this area. Or you can choose to go horseback riding near Pompeii and climb to the summit of Mount Vesuvius! There are so many things to do in Naples in April!
Read suggestions: scuba diving in Italy: 10 top places to enjoy the exciting sport
Foods to Eat in Naples in April
- Artichoke Risotto – Artichokes are in season throughout Naples in April and you’ll find this fleshy vegetable in restaurants throughout Naples. One of my favorite ways to eat artichokes is in cheesy risotto.
- Neapolitan Pizza – Naples is the birthplace of Neapolitan pizza and spring is the best time to get the freshest tomatoes for pizza. Tossed with oregano, garlic, and a generous sprinkling of olive oil, you can go to pizza heaven with this pizza!
- Mozzarella Salad – The best fresh vegetables arrive in the markets in spring, at this time the markets are filled with vegetables like tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano. Add in that fresh buffalo mozzarella and you’ve got yourself a winner!
- Neapolitan Coffee – Not only pizza, Naples’ coffee is also world famous! Neapolitan coffee is thick and sweet, perfect for sitting in a café in old Naples and watching the world go by while sipping your coffee. It is the perfect after meal drink and a must try on your trip to Naples.
- Kuoppo – Seafood and Naples go together, add frying to the mix and you will have a dish you won’t be able to stop eating! Kuoppo is a fried fish and uses the freshest catch of the day. You can get variations of anchovies, squid, white fish and for vegetarians, zucchini flowers come in handy!
What to pack for a trip to Naples in April?
Spring is arriving in Naples in April and you’ll find a mix of rain and sunshine. But, it will be sunny most of the day and you will definitely want to bring your sunscreen and a hat to keep the sun out of your eyes. This is a great time to start tanning while enjoying the beaches, so you may want to bring a swimsuit, although it can be cold on rainy days.
The best thing to do is to pack layers. Take a rain jacket in case of a storm and a light warm jacket for the occasional cold. During the day you can wear summer clothes and half-sleeved shirts.
If you are wondering what to wear in the evening in Naples in April, we would suggest you to wear stylish evening clothes, especially if you are going to a fine dining restaurant or a church for Easter prayers.
read ahead: 10 Best Hostels in Italy That Are Perfect for an Affordable Stay
Excited at the prospect of traveling to Naples in April? Families gather and celebrate with an Easter lunch, while the following Monday they go out for picnics, even visiting islands near Naples. This is one of the top things to do in Naples in April. Book your tickets now to avail the low rates and call TourTravelHotels now to plan your Italian vacation!
Disclaimer: TourTravelHotels claims no credit for images displayed on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to its respected owners. We try to link to the original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TourTravelHotels, please Contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in giving due credit to the original author, artist or photographer.
please pay attention: Any information published by TourTravelHotels in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice of any kind, and one should not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of one’s choice.
FAQs about Naples in April
How hot is Naples in April?
The average temperature in Naples in April is 9°C – 18°C and the weather is not so hot.
What is the temperature on the Amalfi Coast in April?
The temperature on the Amalfi Coast in April is 13°C.
What is the weather like in April in Italy?
The weather in Italy in April is quite unpredictable. The temperature generally remains around 14 degrees Celsius and light rainfall is seen in April.
What is the best time to visit Naples Italy?
The best time to enjoy sightseeing in Naples is clearly spring. So between mid-March and early June is where the weather is usually pleasant and warm.
What is the best time of year to visit Pompeii?
You can visit Naples from November to April as it is not the tourist season.
Is Naples a good trip?
This is where the original wood-fired Neapolitan pizza became famous. If you are a die-hard fan of pizza then you must visit this place. It is also home to one of the best archaeological museums which is the National Archaeological Museum.
Is Naples safe?
Yes, if you are a visitor or just a local, you are safe. Follow basic safety tips to make sure you’re protected.
Are you looking to book an international holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TourTravelHotels with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.