Travelling is a poetry in itself. It invokes art, demonstrates freedom and brings out the rebel in you. You break the rules, push boundaries and do things that you haven’t done before, yet you feel found and comfortable in these new discoveries.
So, we bring to you 14 of the most inspiring travel quotes by few of the greatest poets and writers of all time. These crazy wanderers and poets have forever inspired us through their words to break confines, urged us to travel and see the world.
1. The wise man of ancient China, Laozi or Lao Tzu was a philosopher and poet.
2. The Road Not Taken – Robert Frost
3. William Butler Yeats was an Irish poet and one of the foremost figures of 20th century literature.
Must Read: 15 Places to visit in India while you are still young
4. Robert Louis Stevenson, the great Scottish novelist, poet, and travel writer said some of the most travel inspiring quotes.
5. One of the most powerful writer in today’s date, Paulo Coelho signifies travelling in the most beautiful manner.
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
6. French author and winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, Andre Gide relates courage with exploring new places and losing sight of one’s comfort zone.
7. “Into the wild” – a timeless classic by Jon Krakauer about losing oneself in the pursuit of freedom. One such liner by Alexander Supertramp goes:
8. Freya Stark was a British explorer and travel writer who wrote many books about her travels.
9. Derek Walcott, a Saint Lucian poet and playwright summarises life in a simple way.
Must Read: Little Delights You Would Know Only if You Travel
10. Charles Bukowski the German-born American poet, novelist, and short story writer.
11. American filmmaker and writer, Susan Sontag
He is a passionate traveller and this is what she has to say:
12. Contemporary writer, Pico Iyer calls serendipity his tour guide.
13. A travel Inspiring quote by Lovelle Drachman.
14. J.R.R Tolkien- the creator of Middle Earth and writer of the “Lord of the Rings”
“Life is too short. Plan a trip and leave for that amazing experience!”.
Hoping the legends inspired you enough. Who has been the most influential poet in your life?
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.