Bridge is the most common and successful invention of man which has helped in the development of human civilization since ancient times. And you all must know how skilled China is in creating such man-made miracles. From the Great Wall of China to a glass bridge, it has a lot to prove its unique potential! And here we are talking about such creativity which is called chengyang bridge, Known by different names, It is one of the most famous wind and rain bridges in China. Built to create a connection between Chinese villages across the Linxi River, it is attracting the attention of people from all over the world. And the reason to add to its beauty is that it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. So let’s take a look at the depth of this 100 year old bridge standing strong!
History of Chengyang Bridge
Chengyang Bridge is one of the wind and rain bridges. It was constructed in 1912. The concept and construction of the Chengyang Bridge is credited to the Dong minority in China. You can call him Chengyang Bridge Designer. These people are known for their carpentry skills and production of sweet rice. And his expertise in carpentry is exemplified by these wind and rain bridges, the most notable of them being the Chengyang Bridge. While bridges are built to connect villages, they are like shelter for the village people and protection during wind and rain, as their name suggests! Not a single nail was used in building these bridges and they symbolize the capability of the Dong people. There are a lot of activities happening on the bridge and it is also a great place to spend time with friends.
Read suggestions: 10 Tourist Places To Visit In China For An Epic Oriental Adventure!
Chengyang Bridge Facts
- Chengyang Bridge in China is located in Sanjiang County, Guangxi Province.
- It was built in 1912 and is the largest wind and rain bridge in China.
- The bridge is 64.4 meters long and 3.4 meters wide.
- It has 3 stone pillars and 5 wooden pavilions.
- It is mostly made of wood.
- The roof of the bridge is covered with tiles and the corridors are decorated with carvings and paintings.
- The 5 pavilions are in the shape of pagodas and provide places to relax and gather.
- The cost to climb the bridge is Rs 317 and an additional fee is charged to watch the dance performance.
Read suggestions: China Honeymoon Guide: Witness all the colors of nature together in the most romantic way!
Things to do at Chengyang Bridge
- Witness the picturesque views of the parallel flowing Linxi River and the surrounding forests.
- Admire the unique, smart and beautiful structure of the bridge.
- Play, sing or dance with friends on the bridge.
- Buy unique Dong souvenirs and watch a dance show.
- Learn Dong culture and make friends with Dong people.
Read suggestions: 10 Fun Things to Do in China That Will Let You Explore the Land Beyond the Great Wall!
Planning your vacation but confused about where to go? Let these travel stories help you find the best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Stays real. Useful tips to help you make the right choice.
How to reach Chengyang Bridge?
Take train to Huahua City, it will take 3-4 hours to reach Sanjiang. From there you can take a minivan to reach the bridge.
Take a bus to Sanjiang County. Once you arrive at Sanjiang County Bus Station, walk 10 minutes to the county hospital. There you will find a minivan up to the bridge.
read ahead: Indian Restaurants in China: A Taste of Home in an Oriental Paradise
Now, you have complete information about Chengyang Bridge. It is a heritage site, you must visit it once. China also offers other amazing experiences so you should visit it at least once in your life. You may plan international travel and visit China. Add this bridge to your itinerary and see the power of creativity!
Do you want to book a holiday package?
Book memorable holidays on TourTravelHotels with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.