How do you like the idea of staying in a cozy cottage wrapped in snow and alpine? Looks ok! Cabin Windham in Norway Located in Alpine City Lillehammer It looks straight from a picture-postcard and completely resembles your ideas. Lillehammer, a stunning ski resort town, lies in deep sleep for most of the year due to excessive snowfall and winter turns the entire town into a fairy world.
There, hidden in the vast alpine, lies Cabin Vindheim – a hideaway carved out of the snow that has the look of an avalanche survivor.
Not to mention the stunning outdoors, Cabin Windham is also a fine display of architecture built to withstand extreme conditions. While classic motifs adorn the cabins, its ceiling is definitely noteworthy, connecting the entire space. The conical shape of the roof emerges from the snow to resemble a shark swimming in the vastness of the ocean.
As soon as you book a stay here, you couldn’t feel more accomplished in discovering this magical hideaway away from civilization. Definitely, the best gift to give your wanderlust soul! Check out the drool-worthy pictures of the cabin and fall in love with it instantly.
Highlights of Cabin Windham in Norway
- Perfect place to go ski jumping, ride a toboggan and plan other snow activities
- Stargazing and Northern Lights views from the bedroom and mezzanine
- Tall windows and clear views make you feel like you’re sleeping in a treetop cabin
- There is a large living room, a bedroom, a ski preparation room and a utility room all made of black-stained ore pine
- The interior of the lodge is light, all clad in waxed poplar.
All pictures on the blog are taken from official Website Cabin Windham
If you want to plan a staycation in the beautiful Norwegian outdoors, this is the perfect place!
read ahead: 10 Romantic Things to Do in Norway for Couples