Belgium, the country that has given us great chocolate, beer, and more, welcomes the night owl with open arms. No matter where you want to go, this lovely country has it all. When we talk about Belgian nightlife, There are plenty of options to consider – from clubbing to immersive music festivals like the famous Tomorrowland.
5 Nightlife in Belgium: When the Sun Sets
We have prepared this special list for you to experience some of the best nightlife in Belgium, so you don’t have to browse the internet to find what is right for you in this paradise.
- Enjoy a beer tasting tour at the breweries
- Be a part of exciting concerts
- dance all night in techno pub
- Watch some fun when you attend a drag cabaret performance at Chez Maman
- Make the most of street parties while you’re on the move
1. Enjoy a beer tasting tour at one of the breweries
Of course, a trip to Belgium is incomplete if you are not drinking its authentic country beer. Visiting the breweries should be on your list when you are here. Feel alive when you taste a variety of Belgian beers like Trappist, Abbey, Wheat, Bock and others. Even if you’re not a beer fan, you’ll definitely fall in love with what this country has to offer. As you know, there is also Belgian beer made by monks, so don’t miss that too.
Best breweries in Belgium: Duvel Moortgat Breweries, Westvelteren Breweries and Palm Breweries
Must read: 10 things to do in Belgium that are fun, delicious, and enjoyable!
2. Be a part of mesmerizing concerts
Belgium and music festivals together create magic! The world’s most awaited music festival, Tomorrowland is also held in this stunning country. When we say this, we know that nightlife in Belgium is like no other place. There are actually many options to choose from besides the concerts mentioned. You get the chance to groove to the masterpieces of world famous DJs, the lineup is always breathtaking. So, wear your best outfit and lose yourself!
Music festivals in Belgium: Including Tomorrowland, Rock Werchter, Pukkelpop, Dour and Deep in the Woods, among many others.
Read suggestions: Trekking in Belgium: 6 Adventure Routes to Visit in Europe
3. Dance the night away at a techno pub
There’s no point in nightlife in Belgium or anywhere else if the clubbing scene isn’t top-notch. Although Belgium is not very famous for techno tourism, it is fun to dance the night away with the locals to music produced by local Belgian talent. Brussels and Antwerp are two major places where Belgian clubbing is seen at its best.
Best clubs in Belgium: Fuze, You, Café D’Anvers and Spirito Brussels
Read suggestions: 10 hotels in Belgium that will make you feel like home
4. Watch some fun when you attend a drag cabaret performance at Chez Maman
If you want to experience some of the best nightlife in Belgium then Maman is a drag bar you must visit. Here the bar counter turns into a stage, and to enter you just have to knock. Women are generally not allowed to enter, so it is better to confirm beforehand. Whether you’re gay or not, this is a wonderful place to spend a night. The atmosphere becomes even more intense especially during Halloween and Christmas.
Read suggestions: Belgian Cuisine: 10 Mouth-Watering Dishes You Must Try!
5. Make the most of street parties while you’re out and about
Apart from Belgian nightclubs, one can see that every day is a party in Belgium, but there are also some days when the streets of cities and towns are decorated. Everyone from children to senior citizens gather to celebrate. People dance, drink and sing all night and all day. The streets become more lively, especially during Gay Pride in May, Carnival in February, and the Zythos Beer Festival held in April.
Read suggestions: 32 places to visit in Belgium that make the country unique
Best time to visit Belgium
If you want to have a great holiday in Belgium during the pleasant weather then visit in the months of April to June and September to October. Avoid traveling in the months of July and August as the temperatures are comparatively higher.
Read suggestions: The 14 best restaurants in Brussels that offer a glimpse of the city’s vibrant food scene!
Tips for Amazing Shopping Experience
- Don’t miss the famous Belgian beer, and the beer brewed by the monasteries is a must-try for all travelers, but be sure to eat it in moderation to avoid a hangover afterward.
- Since the weather in Belgium is quite unpredictable, be sure to carry an umbrella with you for a better shopping experience as you never know when it will start raining.
- Be sure to check out any upcoming concerts when you’re planning a trip to enjoy the best of Belgium.
- Some places like Le Flamingo in Brussels open as early as 8am, so to avoid dehydration, make sure to add such places to your list after partying all night – the Belgian way!
read ahead: Brussels nightlife: a guide to the city’s best pubs and markets
With so much to look forward to, you know you’re in for a treat when it comes to Belgian nightlife. If you want to visit this amazing country without the hassle, our Belgium tour package will be the perfect choice for you! You can also customize the itinerary as per your choice and budget.
Are you looking to book an international holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TourTravelHotels with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.