Europe is definitely a bucket-list destination for every traveler and if we say that one of the European countries will be offering visa free travel for 30 days, would you believe us? Well, you will be surprised to know that the Belarus government has recently announced to extend the period of visa-free travel to 30 days, which was earlier only 5 days.
On 24 July 2018, authoritarian President Alexander Lukashenka signed a decree announcing permission to 80 countries, including 39 countries in Europe. In addition, citizens of the United States, Japan and Australia can also stay in the country for 30 days.
According to the decree, the move is initiated to boost the country’s appeal as a host of sporting events and festivals by promoting Belarusian tourism and improving its international relations.
Read suggestions: The country is now Europe’s leading holiday destination and we’re already travelling!
Apart from the tourism aspect, the country is also keen to portray itself as a medical tourism destination that will offer spa procedures in sanatoriums.
Documents required for 30 days visa free travel
- a valid passport
- Medical insurance worth 10,000 Euros (INR 8,04,360) which can be purchased from the site
- Daily Monetary Allowance for each day of stay
Facts about 30-day visa-free travel to Belarus
- The visa-free travel rule applies only to passengers flying in and out of Minsk Airport.
- Visa exemption is not valid for passengers boarding or de-boarding from Russia due to lack of border controls there.
- India is one of the 80 countries that can avail this 30-day visa-free travel.
- Citizens of China will also be covered under a separate visa agreement expected to be announced in August.
Really good news? Plan your dream Euro trip by booking one of the best that is in your mind till now Europe Tour Packages with TourTravelHotelsSo that you can get the most out of this great move after its implementation.