Adventure Travel in Nepal
With its majestic Himalayan mountains and fascinating local culture, Nepal is a favorite destination for adventurous travelers. Every year thousands of people embark on the experience of a lifetime to spend days or weeks in the wonderful country of Nepal.
Most adventurous travelers to Nepal will receive magnificent views from the top of the mountains. They will roam the pure forests and beyond the clear lakes, rivers and mountain waterfalls. They will visit remote Buddhist monasteries and shrines and see tiny mountain villages full of friendly people.
Trekking expeditions to Nepal are quite popular. They typically involve a small group of people who have been given a list of equipment, such as hiking shoes, to bring to Nepal. Once in the country, they left to explore together. Usually there is a trekking staff who arrives during the trip and carries most of the camping equipment and even the bags of travelers. They prepared the camp, cooked meals and broke it, leaving the traveler to enjoy the trek without the physical difficulties of carrying heavy loads.
Trekking is available for people with various abilities. While a person should be in good shape for these treks, it is not necessary to be a tri-athlete to take part. There are more strenuous treks for those in excellent physical condition, as well as easier treks. Many of the easier routes are suitable for families and allow children to participate. Some companies evaluate the routes they offer based on the level of difficulty, to help travelers judge which route would be best for them.
While trekking is one of the most popular forms of adventure travel in Nepal, it is by no means the only one. There are many ways to enjoy the great outdoors in beautiful and mysterious Nepal.
– The Himalaya makes Nepal a favorite destination for climbers. There are over 100 peaks open to climbers in Nepal, including the famous Mount Everest.
– The mountains of Nepal also have routes for cyclists of different abilities.
– Nepal offers compelling cliffs for avid rock climbers.
– During rafting and kayaking in Nepal, adventurers can float along the picturesque mountain rivers enjoying peaceful views, away from well-traveled paths.
– Finally, adventurous travelers to Nepal can choose to experience a jungle safari from a jeep or from the back of an elephant. Nepal’s nature reserves and conservation areas boast a variety of unique animals, including the Royal Bengal tiger and the greater horned rhinoceros.