Seychelles, an unbelievable paradise whose islands are scattered across the Indian Ocean, is ready to welcome visitors once again! Yes, the country is open to tourists and has released protocols and meticulously following them to keep Seychelles safe. Travelers who admire beaches, Seychelles can be a perfect choice to plan a leisurely vacay. An escape to turquoise waters backed with palm trees and lush green hills that host some enthralling adventures turn a holiday into a lifetime memory! However, tourists are more apprehensive about their safety these days and wish to avoid unwanted tensions due to last-minute formalities. To have a stress-free holiday where you can relax at your own pace, here is a detailed post-covid travel guide to Seychelles that includes all the significant updates and requirements, ensuring a comfortable sojourn with loved ones!
Seychelles Travel Advisory During Covid
Thinking whether is it safe to travel to Seychelles during covid? The time when the world continues to experience circumstances of the virus outspread, Seychelles has successfully opened its borders to the Globetrotters and placed strict rules to ensure safe travel experience.
Seychelles International Airport has been opened for the commercial flights from the permitted countries. These countries are classified into two categories and include countries such as the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Switzerland, UAE, and Austria.
Tourists are requested to remain conscious of the measures and expected to follow them to ensure a safer environment. The following are the requirements to visit Seychelles:
- Seychelles is allowing fully vaccinated travellers from India.
- Negative Covid-19 test and vaccination proof is required.
Passenger must have completed dose of vaccination (dose of two).
- It is mandatory to wear mask at public places
- Passengers must follow airlines protocols
- Strict safety measures issued by the authorities must be followed meticulously
- Thermal screening will be done on arrival at the airport
- Most non-essential businesses and attractions in Seychelles are open.
- Mass events and public gatherings are banned, and clubs have been opened.
- Travelers can use public transportation services
- Certified cabs and transfers are available for visitors
- Connectivities are available from airport to different islands
Must Read: A Guide To Seychelles In March 2022: For An Ultimate And Enjoyable Exploration!
Best Time To Visit
Seychelles is amongst those enchanting places of the world that surprises visitors with its awe-inspiring beauty throughout the year. You can enjoy diving all year round, however, if you wish to witness crystal clear weather conditions and visibility then you can plan a visit between April to May and October to November.
Suggested Read: Visiting Seychelles In May? Here’s A Quick Guide For You
How To Reach
The quickest and most convenient way to reach Seychelles is by air. The Seychelles International Airport is located on the outskirts of the capital city and has connectivity all over the world. If you are traveling from India then you can take a direct flight from Delhi or Mumbai to Mahe Island which takes nearly 4.5 to 5 hours. Travelers from India do not require a visa to enter Seychelles, however, a valid passport will be required.
Connectivities between Seychelles and India are expected to revive soon. Travelers who have completed their dose of vaccination can visit the country through private jet. However, prior permissions would be required for the same.
Suggested Read: Seychelles In June 2022: A Mini Guide To Perfect Your Holiday In This Month
Regarding the transfers within the country, an advisory has been issued by the authorities for the visitors. The following are the important points to be kept in mind while getting around in Seychelles during Covid:
- The visitors will be transferred to their pre-booked accommodation by the authorized transport.
- Tourists must carefully follow the instructions provided by the operator during transportation.
- Tourists can not use public buses.
- It is mandatory to maintain physical distance.
- Travelers who are taking domestic flights to other islands must follow health protocols provided by the authorities.
Suggested Read: 8 Exotic Sites For Snorkeling In Seychelles To Satiate Your Adventure-Lust In 2022
Places To Visit In Seychelles During Covid
Mahe, the largest island of Seychelles is home to numerous stunning beaches including Beau Vallon Bay. All the beaches and tourist attractions in Seychelles are currently open and tourists need to follow safety guidelines while exploring the island. Praslin is another popular Seychelles island and its airport is the second busiest airport in the country. Praslin National Park is the prime attraction here apart from the enchanting escapes of Anse Volbert and Anse Lazio beaches.
Aldabra is a remote island in Seychelles that hosts an enormous coral atoll. For those who wish to catch the best nightlife Beau Vallon is an ideal place to plan a stay as there are numerous casinos, and cafes, located by the beach side.
Suggested Read: Seychelles Vs Bali: Two Destinations With Power-Packed Locales
Things To Do In Seychelles During Covid
One of the best things to do in Seychelles during Covid is spending time by the beach in your own way. Relax by the white sand beaches or have a romantic stroll around with your significant other and cherish the beauty of the surrounding ambiance. Sunbathing, swimming, and surfing are amongst the most popular activities in Seychelles these days. You can also capture the thrills of the underwater world by heading for a snorkelling or scuba diving session.
Kindly Note: Those travelers who are planning to indulge in recreational activities including sightseeing, expeditions, water sports, etc. must book services from licenced tourism service providers only.
Suggested Read: Seychelles In October: A Sneak-Peak Into All The Must-Dos On Your Trip!
According to the post-Covid Seychelles travel guidelines, travelers can only stay at the properties that are certified by the Public Health Authority. The travelers who have completed their vaccination will be allowed free movement, however, health protocols must be taken care. The tourism establishments in Seychelles have set up measures to increase vigilance, maintain hygiene, and social & physical distance. All the visitors must wear masks in all the public areas.
Suggested Read: Seychelles In November 2022: A Guide To Enliven Your Spirits In This Gorgeous Country
The restaurants and cafes at the tourism establishments that are certified by the Public Health Authority are following all the mandatory guidelines to ensure a safer experience for visitors. If you are planning for a meal outside then make sure that you book a table at a recognized property only.
Suggested Read: Seychelles In September: A Breezy Guide On What To Do, What To Explore & More!
What To Pack
Post-covid travel guide to Seychelles is certainly incomplete without detailing on the list of things that you might need on your future trip:
- Don’t forget to pack your usual meds in case you are undergoing any treatment along with the prescription.
- Carry a first-aid kit with all the mandatory items to get you through the trip would be advisable.
- Pack extra masks, disposable gloves, and sanitizers.
- Prefer cotton clothes as the climate remains moderate.
- Don’t forget your slippers, sunscreen, swimwear, and sunglasses.
Suggested Read: Seychelles In August: A Guide You Can Keep Handy To Plan A Memorable Trip
- Book your flights and hotel in advance.
- Meet the requirements of the Ministry of Tourism and fill the online health declaration along with necessary documents on the official website of Seychelles tourism.
- Keep your covid-negative test result or certificate handy as a proof to submit on arrival in Seychelles.
Suggested Read: 25 Best Things To Do In Seychelles In 2022 For A Tropical Fun Holiday!
Covid-19 Prerequisites And Consequences In Seychelles
- Make sure that you upload required documents at least 24 hours before your trip.
- Thermal screening would be done at the entry points.
- On showing any positive symptoms of Covid, the traveler will have to undergo PCR testing.
- In case on testing positive, the travel will have to undergo 14-days mandatory isolation.
Suggested Read: 5 Water Sports In Seychelles That’ll Let You Dive In The Azure Ocean!
Further Travel Tips
Apart from the regular Seychelles travel tips, here are a few important travel tips that might help you in having a safer experience:
- Wear your mask throughout your travel period.
- Carry extra sanitizers, disinfectants, masks, and gloves.
- Follow social distancing meticulously.
- Try avoiding crowded areas on the island.
- Get yourself tested on returning back to India.
Further Read: Seychelles Islands In 2022: An Archipelago Of Surreal Beauty And Luxury Resorts
Excited to plan a trip to Seychelles? Plan an exclusive holiday to Seychelles with TravelTriangle and enjoy vacationing like never before! Don’t forget to keep this post-Covid travel guide to Seychelles handy for a comfortable and stress-free experience.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Post-Covid Travel To Seychelles
Is it safe to travel to Seychelles?
Seychelles is amongst the safest places to visit these days. The country has opened its borders for vaccinated countries. Travelers who have completed their both the dose of vaccination can now visit Seychelles.
Is Seychelles open to tourists?
Yes, Seychelles is currently open for tourists, however, travelers only from vaccinated countries can visit. The island country has released a list and following strict protocols to ensure a safe travel experience.
What is the best month to visit Seychelles?
The best months to plan a visit to Seychelles are April, May, October, and November. The weather remains moderate during these months and you can enjoy sightseeing, beach getaways, water sports activities, and more!
Do they speak English in Seychelles?
Creole, English, and French are the official languages of Seychelles. The most common language spoken in the country is Seychellois Creole.
Do I need a visa for Seychelles?
If you are traveling from India, then you don’t need a visa to plan a visit to Seychelles. However, during COVID times, prior application and documentations are required. Kindly note that currently travelers from vaccinated countries can travel to Seychelles and according to media reports, the air bubble services between India and Seychelles is expected to commence in the upcoming months.
People Also Read: